A valuable meme for any role-player!
Come display your comfort levels so your role-play partners are aware of what they can do, and of what they should avoid! A healthy relationship between role-play partners is the key to a good time!
While this meme shows the basics, please remember to communicate with your role-play partners!
✔ = Yay / Preferred
✘ = Nay / Nope
● = Depends on the circumstances (explanation follows)
I am comfortable doing:
✘ Comment : Nah, comments makes me uncomfortable. but headcanons still possible, but still--comments is the least preferred.
✔ Chats : I don't mind! Especially group chat events. I prefer group RPs though.
✘ Notes : well, not my favorite. I tend to feel lazy repyling to notes
✘ Forum : no, especially most groups don't have forums lol
✔✔✔ Skype : OMG YES YES YES! My top favorite place to RP. private rp, group rp, or headcanon--I'm up for them! Ask me for my username!
✔ Google Docs : not preferred, but I can manage.
I am comfortable with:
✔✔✔ One on one role plays : Super yes! It keeps me focused in RPs, it also deepened character-to-character's relationship.
✔✔ Up to three people : I can still manage. As long as the topic is not too heavy, otherwise I cannot really keep up.
● Up to four people : well, that depends on the RP topic. four people are a little bit overwhelming, unless if it's group chat events.
● Five or more people : Only for group chat events. I cannot handle if this is private RPs for 5++ people!
✘ As big as possible : Too crowded, I can't keep up.
RP Style : (Taken from Kipyo)
I am comfortable with:
✔✔✔ Lit: Yes please! Character development and relationship with theiir partner is deep and immense. <3
✔✔✔ Headcanon: I also don't mind! Very effective since RP is time-consuming and we are busy with IRL.
✔ Script: can be combined with headcanons. Also, script is ok for fun / crack things, but please no serious / intense / real / plot-related RPs.
Post Length :
I usually write about:
✔ One or two sentences (maybe more, but who knows)
✔ One or two paragraphs.
✔ Two to five paragraphs. (It depends. If I have more ideas to describe and react, I can reach 3-4 paragraphs)
✘✘ More than five paragraphs. (too many! OMG no!)
✘✘✘ A few pages worth. (pls that's unbearable. tldr )
I am comfortable role-playing with people who write:
✔ One or two sentences. (as long as it's not consists of just 2-3 words, I think it's ok)
✔ One or two paragraphs.
✔ Two to five paragraphs.
● More than five paragraphs. (well, if they are moderators of the RP, especially event / plot related. otherwise, probably not)
✘ A few pages worth. (OMG PLS NO! once again, tldr o<--< Unless if you're going to write journals for a RP group I'm interested to join!)
Role-play Requests :
I like getting requests from:
● Anyone and everyone at any time! >> as long as that person is on the same group as I. otherwise, I don't feel comfortable RP randomly without being in a group.
✔ When I ask for role-plays.
✔✔✔ From friends and acquaintances. (I need a lot of friends OMG)
✔✔✔ From friends only. ((PLEASE GUYS BE AGGRESSIVE TO ME, i'M NOT THAT SCARY! ))
Corrections : (Taken from Kipyo)
I'm comfortable in being corrected when:
✔✔ I missed something in your/someone else's post:yes please! to make things more sense.Especially typings, I often typo orz.
✔✔ I missed something about your/someone else's character: well, RP is important, and the character is important too!
✔✔✔ Whether .... is realistic/factual: once again, I love some thing which makes more sense. <3
Expectations : (Taken from Kiypo too)
I expect my RP partner to:
● Have read my character app before we RP: I don't mind, as long as there's no metagaming in our RP later.
● NOT read my character app at all before we RP: mmmm I don't mind as well. More natural since our characters never met before, yes?
** Important: Communication is the key to a real life relationship, it shouldn't be abandoned for a fictional one either! Be sure to talk to your partners when considering romance!
I am comfortable shipping my characters:
✔✔ Our character know each other deeply.
✔✔✔ Our character know each other deeply, and I know I can trust the role-player.(OMG TOTALLY YES YES. Super yes if we're close friends!)
● At the first sign of flirting! (mmm it is possible, but maybe only up to blushing or something. I can't just pair them up just because one of them flirting once.)
✔✔ Only if the role-player and I plan it.
✔✔✔ It depends on the character.
once again, I love pairings who clicked and fill each other. Any pairings are possible, as long as they mostly in good terms and not like relationship-in-3-days-then-broke-up. I don't really like breakups, I love pairing which can last in a long time. I don't mind some fights, as long as they can learn from it and makes their relations deeper.
If you want to ship with my characters:
✔ Talk to me about it from the start.
✔✔ Talk to me about it once our characters know each other. (tell me / give me a hint if you want to pair up your OC with mine. otherwise, I won't know! I will also give you a hint if I want to ship our characters!)
✔✔✔ Talk to me about it once they both have some feelings for each other. (just to make sure if we're really going to make them a couple)
✔✔✔ Talk to me about it when they finally decide that want to go beyond hugging. (weeeelll if they ended up super intimate and going married, right? |D but each OCs has their own speed in romantic relationship. don't make super-shy character shamelessly doing sexy things out of the blue!)
When shipping my characters, I like the romance to happen:
● Swift as lightening! (only if they have reasonable reasons!)
● Fast, but not super fast. (to make it more sense. we can headcanon their progress in falling in love! cause RPing them is going to be a very loooong way)
✔ Happens in about three months. (three months is pretty long time for me. possible for OCs too.)
✔ Slow and steady wins the race.
● Slugs know what's up! (I tend to be impatient, but if there's a reason for it, such the love interest is hard to get, I understand!)
✔✔✔ My relationships know no speed. They happen if they happen.
When my characters gets intimate, I prefer:
✘ To skip the act entirely. (I DO enjoy smut. //kicked// unless if my RP partner cannot bear smut RP.)
● To write the build up, but skip the act. (well, as I say, I enjoy smut RP. but if my RP partner cannot take it, I don't mind to skip.)
✔ To write the act only if it is very special, but otherwise skip it. (well as long as it's reasonable?)
✔✔✔ To write the act all the way through. (super yessssss hehehheehehehehe.
I'm a pervert |D //killed//)
Romantic Artwork :
When it comes to artwork depicting our relationship please:
✘ Do not post it at all without talking to me. (I don't mind if you draw and post art based on HC / RP without telling me. it will be a nice surprise, as long as the characters are not OOC. Super yes if you know my characters well!)
✔ Post it if it is cuddles and hugs.
✔ Post it if it is kisses.
● Post it if it is much more. (tell me how 'much' their intimacy is in the drawing. not that you can't post it, but it will be nice to let me know.)
✔ Do not post it at all if it depicts sexual acts! (I am TOO embarrassed even though I'm not the one who draw and post it! you can show me the picture privately, but other than that, keep their smutty times private please!)
✘ Do not post it where I can see it, but draw what you like!
** Important: Always be sure to communicate with your partner individually if you think you are about to go outside their comfort zones even just the slightest bit!!
When it comes to violent situations, I am comfortable with:
● No violence at all! (as long as it makes sense why the character is unharmed.)
● I'm fine with verbal arguments! (good for character development, yes? but I cannot really stand a long-term arguments)
✔ Some violence, like a paper cut, or an accidental elbow to the face.
✔ Mild violence, such as punching, kicking, hair pulling.
✔ Violence, such as stabbings.
● Beyond violence, such as torture and more. (please talk to me first what kind of violence is it! it depends whether I can take it or not.)
If you are going to do something violent, please:
✘ Don't do it at all. (well, what's the point if we don't get violent in violence theme?)
✔✔✔ Talk to me about it first. (if you're unsure, don't hesitate to ask. if it's only a lil cut, punches etc, you don't have to ask me)
✔ Surprise me! (as long as it's not extreme!)
light / normal drama is okay. EXCESSIVE DRAMA IS A BIG NO! I can't take too many dramas, it's too much for my poor kokoro. o<--<
Dramatic Artwork :
● Do not post any dramatic scenes that that happened between our characters. (as long as it happens in our RP / headcanon and not OOC)
✔ Talk to me about it before posting!
● Post what you like! (unless if it's not too extreme, and you know my character's reaction super well!)
Physical Contact : (Taken from Kipyo)
I'm cool with my characters being touched if:
✔ Formalities / Ordinary gestures / Something that usually happens (such as hand shakes)
✔ Nothing dramatic (sexual / violent / inappropriate)
well, every OCs are different, and they have personal tastes and personality. It's nice to see wide variation of their reactions in many circumstances!
If my kid dislikes/hates yours, that doesn't mean I hate you, too! please don't be silly! RPs are for fun, so no hard feelings and take it easy!
well I'm not sure who to tag...just do it if you like!